Is Eating Meat Healthy?

Is Eating Meat Healthy?

Animal protein is high in saturated fat and cholesterol and is linked to major diseases like heart disease, cancer, diabetes, and obesity. Although it plays a major role in these health problems, meat is an excellent source of protein, and is a natural source of B vitamins and minerals such as zinc and iron. Selecting meat with the lowest fat content will contribute to reducing saturated fat and cholesterol
Fat Consumption
The “Dietary Guidelines for Americans,” jointly published every five years by the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), and U. S. Department of Agriculture (USDA), emphasizes the importance of including some fat in your diet. The report states that high fat intake, over 35 percent, the excessive intake of fat, while low fat intake below 20 percent, is insufficient for adequate metabolism of essential nutrients. Fat-soluble vitamins A, D, E and K, for example, requires dietary fat intake to enable their absorption
buy
Beef :. The three best leanest cuts of beef per 3 ounce serving, as listed on the website of the Oregon Beef Council, Top Round with. 4g saturated fat, Eye of Round 1, 5g saturated fat, and Round Tips with 2. 0g saturated fat. Also recommended on their website is limiting daily total fat intake to about 30 percent, and keeping daily saturated fat consumption under 10 percent. (In the presence of health problems, consult a physician in reference to restrictions on the consumption of saturated fats.)
Pork: The North Carolina Pork Council website lists saturated fat content of lean cuts of pork as follows: pork, 1. 0g saturated fat 3 grams cooked. Pork Boneless Top Loin Chop, 3 grams boiled, contains 1. 8g of saturated fat
Lamb :. On their website, says Superior Farms lamb has less fat than other meats, saturated fat accounts for about 36 percent of the total fat, while monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fatty acids (the good fats) constitute the remaining 64 percent. A three-ounce serving of lamb contains 2. 35 g of saturated fat, 2. 88g of mono-unsaturated fats, and 0.43 g of poly-unsaturated fat.
prepare
The way the meat is made to contribute to reducing the fat content. In the review “Nutrition and Healthy Eating” on the Mayo Clinic website, the proposal offered too little fat and cooking of meat while preserving the flavor of the meal. One of the proposals is to use low-fat marinades are recommended to help meat retain its moisture during cooking . not all of the fat contained in meat are visible, but trim the fat that can be seen before frying, then roast, broil, or grill the meat by placing it on a rack to allow some of the invisible fat to drip into the pan below the cooking process.
portion
The standard serving size for meat is 3 grams, the equivalent size of a deck. The rest of the meal should consist of healthy portions of foods from other food groups like vegetables, grains and fruits. In his article, “Eat meat for a healthy diet,” ThePoultrySite. com says that although 3 grams of meat is an average proportion, people can still order a 12 ounce steak at a restaurant, as long as it is done sometimes and not on a routine basis.
disposable
The USDA Food Pyramid contains a number of sources of food in the “meat” group. Some of the items included on its list of beef, pork and lamb are poultry, fish, bison, rabbit, venison and eggs. After boiling, the skin should be removed from chicken and turkey reducing saturated fat and cholesterol content
Note :.
All recommendations in this article assumes that the reader is in good health. Consult your healthcare provider regarding any medical conditions exist that are necessary dietary restriction of animal protein and fat.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *